My current Client is looking for a ScrumMaster – so the question popped up, what Skills should the ideal ScrumMaster have?
The ideal SrumMaster needs tha ability:
… to lead a Team.
… to communicate.s
… to manage Processes.
… to think outside of the box.
… to make decisions.
… to think analytically and creatively.
… to be persuasive.
The most important Skills for a ScrumMaster are:
1. Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his Team.
2. Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with people.
3. Persistent and Assertive – Must be able to ensure AScrum concepts and principles are applied correctly and make sure team understands these values [especially important for new teams].
4. Learning and Continues Improvement – Must continually be learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team. Apply new practices in daily work.
5. Conflict Resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
6. No command and Control Attitude – Must strive to make a team self-organized.
7. Transparent – Must be seeking for open and honest atmosphere in a team and in a company.